Paint Shield® Microbicidal Paint was designed and developed by Sherwin-Williams with the intention of being used in non-critical areas of hospitals, including patient rooms, hallways, waiting areas, office areas and the emergency department. But Paint Shield® is ideal for any place where these bacteria are a concern including athletic facilities, schools, day care centers, senior care communities, residential housing, hospitality settings and cruise ships.
In addition to killing disease-causing bacteria on painted surfaces, Paint Shield® was developed using quality ingredients to ensure a durable paint that provides excellent hide.
How to apply:
- Paint Shield® should be applied at temperatures above 50 degrees Fahrenheit and should not be thinned
- The recommended system is a primer, or previously painted surface plus two topcoats
- Paint Shield® should be applied by brush or roller
- The paint should not be sprayed
- The brush should be a nylon/polyester brush, and the roller cover should be ¼” to ¾” nap synthetic cover